What is a photography website without a list of gear? I used to be very much into buying the latest and greatest stuff. If this interests you have a look at my “My life in cameras” series. But a few years ago I saw that life is more than just stuff. Yes material possessions can be a source of joy but also a source of worry. I also would like to reduce the amount of natural resources I consume. Nowadays I use this for my photography:
- Fujifilm X100F Camera (fixed 23mm lens (35mm equiv.), 24MP sensor)
- Fujifilm WCL-X100 wide angle converter for a 28mm equiv. field of view
- a rather cheap Hama polarizer
- a soft shutter button (various sizes and colors because I tend to lose them)
- a wooden grip extension for when I wear gloves
- a few memory cards and a spare battery, nothing fancy
- a lens hood
- Peak Design Leash shoulder strap
- a cheapish mini tripod like this, I rarely use tripods, mostly for self portraits at home or Ebay pictures.
- Crumpler Roady camera bag (I use this one because it is quite small but can fit a 500ml water bottle)
- Manfrotto Nano VIII a small pouch for when I want to put my camera in a bagpack
Making this list feels like I actually own too much already. You can see I am not much into fancy artisan leather bags and such acoutrements. They are not important for taking pictures. If you do like these expensive things because they make you happy go ahead and enjoy them.